Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Chicken & Vegetables
Minimal ingredients and slow simmered to perfection, this Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Chicken & Vegetable meal will bring even the pickiest eaters back for seconds. A one-pot wonder made with everything you likely already have in your cupboard, it is sure to be a favourite of both the chef and the eater!
So I don’t know if I have mentioned on here that I am officially back to work after my maternity leave. Its been three weeks? Ish. But I was really surprised at how well it has been going, the home life part of it seems pretty crazy. My life is cleaning, cooking, REPEAT! But the work part I feel like I just picked up the habit again per say. But my brain is definitely not fully back on board, people ask me questions sometimes and I am like I know I know that….but I don’t know. But I am sure that will come…. hopefully.I really really enjoyed my time at home. Being on the farm is great for that, someone is always around and if you need something to do, there is always tails to be washed and feed to be pushed. No shortages of ways to pitch in if you want to feel useful. I was never bored at home which I think helps.One thing I have been trying to do to make my life easier is menu plan and make lots of slow cooker meals. I don’t get home until 5 and the little guy is usually in bed by 7 so I want to spend maximum time with him. Slow cookers are great for this, especially when you don’t even have to make a side! All the veggies you need are included in this Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Chicken & Vegetables meal so its literally pop the lid and serve when you’re home! I also have it on good authority that you can put the chicken in the slow cooker frozen solid and it still works great. Not that an organized food blogger like me ever does that……
The farmer proclaimed it “pretty good… for chicken” which trust me, is HIGH PRAISE from him!
Adapted from New Leaf Wellness
- 3-4 small chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 680 g. package of baby red potatoes (about 5 cups)
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into wedges
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grainy dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- Fresh parsley as garnish.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place sliced onions, potatoes, mushrooms and carrots in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl mix together olive oil, mustard and honey. Pour honey mustard mixture over the vegetables and toss to mix. Dump vegetables on top of the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Garnish with fresh parsley is desired.